Monday, February 11, 2013

Menu Plan + {Valentine's Day Menu!}

                             Bruschetta Chicken and salad





Chicken Fajitas and guacamole



VALENTINE'S DAY MENU {after the kids are in bed}
Cheese Fondu with grapes, bread
and veggies for dipping 

 Chocolate Fondu with strawberries, pineapple, 
bananas, and shortbread for dipping.

Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
(a friend of mine from Chicago sent met this recipe, so the notes are hers. It's my first time to try it ;)

1 lb ground turkey
1 can (10.75 oz) tomato soup
1 can diced tomatoes with chiles (I use mild)
1 small can tomato paste, plus half to whole can of water
1 can corn, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. chili powder (ours is strong, so I cut this back from 2 Tbsp in the original recipe!)
1/2 Tbsp. garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin
1 pinch ground black pepper
(1 pinch allspice - I don't use this)
(1 tsp. red pepper flakes - I don't use these - it was too spicy for us!)
salt to taste

Cook meat with the onion, drain.  Add all ingredients to crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.  (I rarely use my crock pot…I just make it in a large pot on the stove.  :)  It's great either way, and is just as good left over.

I'm linked up with Orgjunkie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm stopping by from Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday today for a blog visit.
This gal is always looking for recipe ideas and inspiration.
Thanks for participating in MPM!