Monday, August 27, 2012

Menu Plan Monday~ August 27, 2012

* I didn't get to a couple of my recipes last week because we had lots of leftovers and some days where we were at the park and just brought sandwiches, so there are a few repeats this week :)

Monday~ Grilled Chicken with Roasted Brussel Sprouts
48.8 calories, 3.5 g of fat, 3.9 g of carbohydrates, 1.7 of fiber, 1.5 g of protein

Tuesday~ Spaghetti and Meatballs - I'm actually just using the small swedish meatballs from Costco and making some homemade sauce :) Easy Peasy!

Wednesday~ Lemon Chicken Rice Soup (275 calories a serving), bread

Thursday~ Linguine with Turkey Meatballs and Roasted Peppers (639 for 1/2 of recipe - I will lessen my portion!) * I never got to this one last week and it looks so yummy, I REALLY want to try it! 

150g dried linguine
50g streaky bacon (just regular bacon for those in the US), finely chopped 
250g lean thigh turkey mince (ground turkey)
2 pinches of crushed dried chili
1 tsp fennel seeds
2tbsp olive oil
2 roasted peppers from a jar, sliced
100 g spinach
zest of 1 lemon (optional)

1. For the pasta, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. in a bowl mix together the bacon, turkey, chili, fennel seeds, and a pinch of salt. Form into 16 small balls. 
2. In a large nonstick frying pan, fry the meatballs in half the oil in batches for 7-8 minutes until golden and cooked through, shaking the pan frequentl. Meanwhile , cook the linguine to pack instructions
3. Drain the pasta, return to the pan and toss over a low heat with the rest of the oil , the peppers, spinach, lemon zest, and some seasoning. Mix with the meatballs and divide between 2 bowls. 

Friday~ Whole Chicken in the Crockpot, salad

I have some new recipe reviews to do, but I just don't have the time this week. Maybe next week :)
Hope you have a happy week!

I'm linked up with Orgjunkie

No comments: