Monday, February 20, 2012

MPM + review of last week's menu

So it's a busy time right now with trying to make some changes to the first draft of my thesis. I handed it to my reader a bit ago and he gave it back with some needed change, but not a ton - which is SUCH a blessing.  So i'm trying to polish it up right now to get to the technical reader by Wednesday, then all that's left is a 2nd draft and a  presentation via Skype-woohoo!

All that to say, my menu is pretty simple, not very many pics and not all the calorie counts I normally have. Hopefully I'll be back on track with that next week.


Hope you all have a great week and some good cookin' planned :)


Monday - Cobb Salad: Romain lettuce topped with grilled chicken, bacon, hard boiled eggs, and cheddar cheese - yum!
Tuesday - Baked Chicken 
Wednesday - Chicken Noodle Soup
Thursday - Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole, (410 calories a serving)

Friday - Meatball Subs

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick review of last week's new recipes: 

Lemon Dill Salmon - Tim and I both rated it a 9/10 -yum! -WILL do again :)
Lemon Dill Vinaigrette - 5/10 - too sour - Will NOT do again :(
Cheddar Bay Biscuites - 7/10 - tasty, but so greasy and not that amazing(to us) to be worth all the calories - Probably Will NOT do again :(
Sesame Chicken - 5/10 - Just bland and blah - not worth the effort - Will NOT do again :(
Chicken Caesar Salad - amazing! We both rated it a 9/10. I think the homemade dressing and homemade croutons made it so yum! WILL do again :)

I'm linked up with orgjunkie.com

5 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Love the reviews.
Makes me want to go back and check out the good recipes.

Lacie said...

Totally want to try the Cae2sar salad! It sounds amazing.

Hope you have a good week & the thesis goes well.

Danielle said...

That rice casserole looks great! Good luck to you this week. You can totally do it. You're super woman!

Unknown said...

I love a great Caesar Salad. Yum!
Your menu plan sounds delicious.
Have a wonderful week!

Irene Conwell said...

Have you already finished writing your thesis paper? I think it would be a good idea to have a break, like cooking to relieved some stress came from formulation thesis topics ideas and revising the draft again. Anyway, I do hope everything went well with your paper.