Monday, December 06, 2010

Big Girl Bed

We made the transition to a Big girl bed this past week.  Madison had learned how to climb out of her crib, so we decided it was time. Plus this frees up the crib for Rose. I think I will try to move Rose into Madison's room this week sometime. I have been dragging my feet on this as they both have been sleeping so well during the night and I am afraid to stir things up, ya know? But I suppose, I will just have to go for it and things might get worse before they get better.


This is how she finally fell asleep


She has done great in her big girl bed. We got her a new pillow pet (she chose the panda bear) to help make the transition easier. She has only fallen out once(fortunately it is very low to the ground) and has had a few nap times where I have had to discipline her for getting out of bed. But she pretty much stays in now. It's cute because she will call my name when she wakes up and when I go in she is standing on the edge of the bed like there is a force field around it or something - I love it!
I just can't believe what a BIG GIRL  she is becoming. She has grown up so quickly. It's so bittersweet. I miss those little baby days with her, but yet I am just enjoying the new fun things she does each day. She keeps me guessing and laughing. Love you Maddy!

4 comments:

JordanandSue said...

She looks so big in her bed! I'm getting closer to taking the leap... Maybe :) I'm so glad she's doing so well- I hope the transition to two sleeping beauties in that room goes well!

Katie Barker said...

oh wow! What a big girl.
Is it between the closet and the bathroom? I was trying to guess how the room was.

jeileenbaylor said...

Yea Katie - the closet and the bathroom wall and the crib is still where it was. The changing table is under the window now. I'm going to get some pics as soon as I finish organizing ;)

Katie Barker said...

Cool.
Can't wait to see it.