Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Chicken with Asparagus and Roasted Red Peppers


I recently made this recipe for Tim and we loved it! I was feeling bored with the recipes I had, so I typed in the ingredients I had (chicken, roasted red peppers, and asparagus) into Allrecipes.com. Among others, it spit this recipe out for me. It was so delicious, I will most certainly make it again! And it's healthy too! You should definitely give it a try, it was super easy! I adjusted it for just two because Tim hates leftovers :) But you can double it if you want more (and you might!)

Chicken with Asparagus and Roasted Red Peppers 

 

Rated: Prep Time: 15 Minutes Ready In: 40 Minutes 

Submitted By: MKATES Cook Time: 25 Minutes Servings: 2 

"Chicken, asparagus and red peppers are cooked together and served with chopped tomatoes, cheese and a 

splash of vinegar." 


INGREDIENTS: 

1/4 cup chicken broth 

1/2 pound boned and skinned chicken breast halves 

salt and pepper to taste 

1/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 

inch pieces 

1/2 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and 

chopped 

1/2 clove garlic, minced 

1/4 cup chopped roma (plum) tomatoes 

1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, or to taste 

1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 


DIRECTIONS: 

You have scaled this recipe's ingredients to yield a new amount (2). The directions below still refer to the 

original recipe yield (4). 

1. Heat the broth in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and place in 

the skillet. Cook 15 minutes, until chicken is almost done. 

2. Place asparagus, red peppers and garlic in skillet. Continue cooking 10 minutes, or until chicken juices run 

clear and asparagus is tender. Place tomatoes in skillet during last 2 minutes of cook time. Sprinkle with 

vinegar. Top with mozzarella cheese to serve. 


Nutrition 

Information 

Servings Per Recipe: 2 

Calories: 190 

Amount Per Serving 

Total Fat: 5.3g 

Cholesterol: 67mg 

Sodium: 518mg 

Amount Per Serving 

Total Carbs: 7.2g 

    Dietary Fiber: 1.8g 




3 comments:

cranny + b said...

that DOES look really good! Can you believe that I have never used that recipe site? ? ? I NEED to! :)

Nate, Kris, Adrianna and Natalie said...

Looks great, Julie! I'm going to give it a try soon. Don't you just love that website??? My favorite! :)

christina said...

julie- i tried this tonight and it was FABULOUS! nathan loved the chicken. i knew he wouldn't like the asparagus so i steamed up some carrots for him and the little man. and for the life of me i couldn't find roasted red peppers in the store, so i just roasted my own. turned out great.
thanks for expanding my menu! i've been waiting to try some asparagus and it was on sale for $1/lb today. can't beat that! :)